What is Brazilian Butt Lift ?
The buttocks, often seen as a symbol of femininity and sensuality, are among the many parts of the body that can be affected by the aging process. Over the years, it can begin to sag and lose its shape and firmness. The Brazilian Butt Lift is an increasingly popular procedure that is used to provide an uplifted and shapelier buttock profile.
It involves using liposuction to remove unwanted fat from parts of the body like the abdomen, back, hips and thighs. This same fat is then injected into your gluteal area, providing a firmer, rounder, and more youthful curvaceous appearance.
Candidates For Brazilian Butt Lift
Women with loose, sagging, or a flat buttocks caused by weight loss or aging
Women who are in good health and have a stable weight
Women who have a reasonable amount of fat to remove with liposuction
Women who’s buttocks are too small for their frame and seek a more balanced figure
Women who are self-conscious about their buttocks and desire more curves
Advantages of Brazilian Butt Lift
More individuals prefer to have the Brazilian Butt Lift over having gluteal silicone implants because of the following advantages:
It gives a more natural-looking result
The procedure involves using your own fat that has the potential to last forever
Patients will also achieve an improved contour in the areas where fat will be harvested with liposuction
There is minimal scarring as the liposuction incisions are small and easy to conceal
A Brazilian Butt Lift is performed under a general anaesthetic and will take approximately 3 hours to complete, depending on the amount of fat to be collected and the desired shape and size of the buttocks
Liposuction of the donor sites is the first step of the procedure. Through small incisions placed in well-concealed areas, a liposuction cannula (hollow tube with an open vacuum tip) is used to harvest the fat cells.
Typical donor sites for fat harvest include the abdomen, thighs, hips and flanks (love handles). The collected fat is then purified to separate out the quality fat cells to be used for the injection.
The purified fat is then carefully injected into the buttocks in a strategic fashion to create the ideal shape and lift for that patient’s unique body shape.
After the Surgery
- Patients are generally able to return home two hours following the surgery.
- Most patients will experience some pain along any areas that underwent liposuction. This usually settles within a few weeks and Dr. Al Asfoor will prescribe you a pain reliever to ensure your comfort. Many patients can return to work after 2 weeks but no strenuous activity or going to the gym is advised until at least the fourth week.
- No sitting is permitted for the first 2 weeks (except for toileting). Following this, you may sit with a pillow placed underneath your thighs but not touching the buttocks. This means that your buttocks will be in the air with no pressure applied to it. Direct pressure must be avoided for at least 8 weeks.
- A supportive compression garment must be worn for the first 6-8 weeks following surgery. This helps to decrease the amount of swelling and aid in the healing process.
- Dr. Al Asfoor will typically see you within one week after the surgery. At this time, he will also provide you with detailed scar care instructions. The next visits will be after 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 1 year.
- The final results will often be initially obscured by the amount of swelling. It can take 3 to 6 months for the final result to be evident. For this reason, clothes shopping should be avoided for at least 3 months.
The Long-term Results
Fat transfer has the benefit of using your own natural fat to fill out your buttock, creating a naturally appearing and feeling result. However, fat absorption may be as much as 40% after the surgery and can occasionally produce asymmetry. For this reason, results can be more difficult to predict and occasional touch-up procedures are required to attain the desired outcome.