What is Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty)?
Eyelid lift, commonly referred to as blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery that is performed on either upper or lower eyelids, or both. It improves the appearance of the eyes by reducing the wrinkles and removing the puffy bags, resulting in a more youthful, rested, and alert appearance
Good Candidates for the Surgery?
- Eyelid hooding and puffiness that makes the persons look older and more tired than they actually feel.
- Age 30 and over.
- Physically fit and healthy without any serious eye or medical conditions
- Smokers are advised to cease smoking, at least, two weeks before the scheduled operation.
- Soreness around your eyes
- Bruising which may last from two to four weeks
- You may be able to wear eye makeup after eyelid surgery to camouflage bruising and redness.
- Your eyes may also feel itchy. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops to counter this.
- To promote healing,
- Keeping your head elevated
- Limiting physical exertion
- Avoiding bright sunlight
- Apply cold compresses