What is Thigh Lift Surgery?
Thigh lift surgery is a body contouring surgery that sculpt thigh area to make it slimmer and tighter. This surgery can completely alter the contour of the thigh – removing both excess fat and sagging skin from the thigh.
With inner thigh cosmetic procedures, the circumference of the inner thigh is reduced, creating a far leaner appearance. Outer thigh procedures are usually chosen by patients who have experienced great weight loss and have sagging skin on the outside of their thigh. This procedure removes the excess skin, and is often performed with butt lifts.
Who is a Good Candidate?
• Sagging skin. The sagging skin in thighs are not ideal for liposuction. Liposuction cannot remove excess skin. In order to contour the thighs, a thigh lift is a more appropriate procedure
• Removal of excess fat. For women who are unhappy with the shape of their inner thighs and wish to reduce the circumference of this area, a thigh lift is an effective way of removing excess fat and tissue.
- As with any surgery, you can expect to experience some pain, swelling, and bruising after your thigh lift. Your thighs will be wrapped in compression bandages to help alleviate these conditions.
- For the first couple of nights following surgery, you will be instructed to sleep with your thighs at a raised position, which will also help reduce swelling.
- By minimizing swelling, you’re helping to prevent the incisions from opening (wound dehiscence), which can make you vulnerable to infection and excessive scarring
- You’ll need about two weeks off from work to rest and begin your recovery. After about a month, you’ll be able to resume mild exercise. However, you will not be able to lift heavy objects for quite some time.