Boost your self-esteem and Confidence
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. Breast augmentation surgery offers a unique opportunity to customize the shape of your breasts and to recreate the desired curvature of a feminine body. You may want to wear an outfit that reveals more cleavage, change your wardrobe style, or simply create the proper balance between your breasts and hips. Breast augmentation can improve a body image, self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life.
Who is a good candidate BREAST AUGMENTATION?
There are many reasons why a woman may pursue breast augmentation:
- Small Breasts: If you are self conscious about the small size of your breasts and looking for a better fill out proportionate to her body, Breast Augmentation is your solution.
- Different Sizes/Shapes Breasts: If you are born with breasts that differ in size and/or shape, breast augmentation can give you a symmetrical and more appealing figure.
- Pregnancy or Breast Feeding:After you’ve had a baby (or two, or more!), your breasts may not look they way they used to. They may have a stretched appearance, or even look deflated, if you breast-fed your children. Breast augmentation can give you that volume back.
- Weight Loss:If your goal was to lose weight, and you achieved it, congratulations! Unfortunately, the breasts are often one of the first places women lose weight, so you may have lost some of your curves. Get them back with breast augmentation.
- Aging:As you age, you may begin to notice a loss of fullness in your breasts. This is a natural part of aging, but with breast augmentation, you can look younger, longer.
- Mastectomy:Maybe you’ve bravely fought breast cancer—and won! This may mean you had to undergo a partial or even a full mastectomy. You can recover that part of your femininity with breast augmentation.
WHAT FACTORS DETERMINE THE SIZE AND TYPE OF IMPLANT TO CHOOSE?
- Your aesthetic goals for breast augmentation
- The amount of existing breast tissue that you have
- Your body’s proportions, including weight and frame shape
- Your personal preference for implant type, size, and incision placement
After the Surgery
A breast augmentation is performed under a general anaesthetic and will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Most patients are able to return home two hours following the surgery.
Patients may experience some pain along the breasts and chest wall that usually settles within a few days. After the first week, Paracetamol is usually sufficient for any discomfort and most patients are able to resume regular activities after 2 weeks.
Following the surgery, you may have some mild bruising and swelling. Initially, the implants may also appear high on the chest and feel firm to touch. They will gradually soften and start to settle, becoming more natural looking within several weeks to months.
During the first 2 weeks after the surgery, you should avoid any strenuous activities. For the first 6 weeks, sleeping on the stomach or sides should also be avoided.